Harrisburg Security, Inc. was founded in 2005, by Owner and Company President Andrew Ives. We are licensed by the North Carolina Private Protective Services Board and are a fully-insured North Carolina Corporation.
Private, contract security is one of the fastest-growing and largest fields of service in the world and we believe we are at the apex of the industry. We have been here for over a decade and we still strive to be the best this industry has to offer!
At Harrisburg Security, Inc., we believe in bringing a “home town” attitude and value to all we do! We are proud of our Charlotte roots, our employees and our clientele. This all began in 2005, when a former Police Officer decided the field of security needed a change towards a more professional feel and attitude – it was time to build a company on the values long-since forgotten by the larger, franchised (chain) companies.
Owner & President / Chief of Security
- Born and raised in Buffalo / (western) New York. Moved to North Carolina in 1997.
- Graduated from Buffalo State College, NY (Criminal Justice)
- Police Officer for 4 years at UNC Charlotte
- Security Officer & Youth Counselor for 6 years at Stonewall Jackson Youth Development Center
- North Carolina National Guard (First Lieutenant– Military Police)
- Veteran of the U.S. Army
- Founded Harrisburg Security, Inc. in 2005
- Born and raised in northern Virginia. Moved to the Charlotte, NC area in 2002.
- 20 years working in the Private Security industry.
- Over 4 years working in the Harrisburg Security, Inc. main office.
- Previously worked for: G4S (Compliance Agent) & Securitas (Lieutenant).
Director of Operations / Lieutenant
- North Carolina native
- 28 years working in the Security industry
- Over 12 years working for Harrisburg Security, Inc.
- Previously worked for: Security Forces, Inc. (Senior District Manager) & Stonewall Jackson Youth Development Center (Chief of Security).
- Veteran of the U.S. Air Force